I am very pleased to announce that the club has been given permission to use the ground and access the pavilion by the Welfare Association. This has only been permitted after completion of necessary risk assessments in line with the national ECB guidelines.
In terms of the Pavilion, the Welfare Staff are currently on furlough until the 31st August, so the Bar and Social Room will not be open until the beginning of September at the earliest. We are only allowed access to the changing room block and this will only be allowed for toilet facilities only for players and visitors (and access for club officials only to equipment and first aid equipment).
In terms of being enabled to provide cricket again, we have had to complete a risk assessment and implement new procedures at the ground. Please click on the link below to view our COVID Action plan page to view all the guidance, however in summary:
1. All players and officials are to attend the ground ready to play. There will be no changing rooms open.
2. There will be allocated areas of the ground marked out for the home team and away team.
3. The changing block is only open for toilet facilities, however to ensure social distance protocols, this will be only available as a one in, one out system. There wipe be disinfectant wipes in the toilet facilities and we ask that you wipe the toilet down after use, and also hand sanitizer will be in all toilet facilities.
4. There will signage up around the field to advise all players and spectators to remain socially distant. We will be operating a one way system clockwise around the field for spectators and players for when they are walking around the field.
5. The carpark inside the ground will be closed, unless a blue badge holder. We request all to park outside the ground in a safe and secure manner and respect local properties.
6. Upon entry to the ground, for all visitors, spectators and parents, there will be a table at the entrance with a logbook on. We request that you sign in on the sheets with your contact details, so the club can contact you should the need arise for contact tracing in-line with NHS England guidance. There will also be hand sanitizer on the table which we request that you use.
7. For Murton CC players, members, spectators and Parents, the new measures we have had to put into place will be a strain on our committee, team captains and Junior coaches, we request that you are able to assist upon completion of games our officials in things like collection and storing away equipment or collecting rubbish.
8. As the Bar facilities are not open and no teas are provided on weekend games or tuck shop at junior games, players are required to bring their own food and water to last the duration of games. Visitors and spectators can bring their own food and drinks HOWEVER NO ALCOHOL CAN BE BROUGHT INTO OR CONSUMED IN THE GROUND. We also request that everyone ensures that they use the waste bin facilities provided or take their rubbish home with them at the end of the games, to assist and reduce our club officials in the need to tidy up after games.
We appreciate that these new guidelines are very different and challenging, however it is important that we recommence cricket and maintain the cricket club, and we ask for your support in following the new guidelines and not put our club or yourselves at risk.
The new guidelines and unfortunately circumstances of some of our officials and coaches has meant that our junior section is very short on Volunteers. We desperately need your help in running our junior teams for this season, which coaches and assistants available for our Under 15 team. We also require volunteers to help score on our Junior games and as mentioned above just general help with the likes of collecting equipment etc after games. If our coaches or officials ask you during games to help with anything, please do so. Please if you are able and willing to help in any capacity please contact either Ian Graham or Anthony Potts.
I will continue to update members as and when I have further information. Anyone wishes to contact me or has any queries, please e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org